On 28 October 1947 Tavistock Publications was launched with JD Sutherland, ATM Wilson and John Harvard Watts as the original Directors.
It was staffed by TS Fairly, Frank Frost (general editor), and John Harvard Watts (promotion).
Tavistock Publications took over the publication of the TIHR’s quarterly journal, Human Relations, and its first full-length book was The Changing Culture of
a Factory, by Elliott Jaques, in 1951.
Tavistock Publications entered a brief partnership with Routledge & Kegan Paul in the early 1950s, before resuming its independence.
Ultimately though, it became part of Sweet & Maxwell in 1959.